One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The passage then passes under a gothic arch draped with stalagmitic curtains, to the start of a traverse.’
- ‘This leads past a brown stalagmitic flow on the right, to an iron ladder which descends to the top of East Slope in the Main Chamber.’
- ‘Shortly after a chamber with a small shaft off to the left, you need to slide past an impressive stalagmitic boss.’
- ‘The room following was swathed in green velvet, evoking a moss-covered cavern complete with stalagmitic and stalactitic projections and sand underfoot.’
- ‘Normally the ground color is white but almost invariably veined by an unequal distribution of the coloring, or by the subsequent infiltration of metallic oxides during its stalagmitic formation - i.e. stalagmites and stalactites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.