One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Meanwhile, the Stakhanovists themselves were urged to outdo their achievements.’
- ‘It also includes highly skilled workers known as Stakhanovists, in honor of a worker who set new records of production.’
- ‘Along with being the first Stakhanovist of tennis, he had the asset of the intelligent game-play of a mathematician.’
- ‘On top of it, the bureaucracy too accelerated the growth of a labor aristocracy by showering the Stakhanovists with gifts and privileges.’
- ‘The Stakhanovist textile workers get 500 rubles and more, the non-Stakhanovists, 150 rubles or less.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.