One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exercise machine on which the user simulates the action of climbing a staircase.
- ‘The show also makes use of home equipment like treadmills and stairclimbers.’
- ‘To burn it off: hit the stairclimber for 37 minutes at a moderately difficult intensity.’
- ‘Coleman has his players run, but you can perform these cardio intervals either on foot or on a standard health-club cardio machine such as a stationary bike, stairclimber or treadmill.’
- ‘The promise: a high-intensity, low-impact workout that'll be lots more enjoyable than slogging along on a treadmill or stairclimber, all while advancing your efforts to maintain a fat-melting metabolism and a narrow waist.’
- ‘Cardio exercise like running or the stairclimber are great immediate treatments for anxiety, and yoga (or other meditative practices) are good at preventing anxiety.’
- ‘Wenson explains that stompers can roll stairclimbers into the group exercise studio or assemble in a designated place in the workout room.’
- ‘Going back up was like walking/running one massive stairclimber.’
- ‘Skip the stairclimber at the gym, you'll be working your quads plenty hard just getting up to your apartment or office.’
- ‘The extensive array of cardio equipment includes treadmills, total-body elliptical cross-trainers, upright and recumbent Lifecycle exercise bikes and stairclimbers.’
- ‘‘For a given perceived exertion level, you'll burn far fewer calories on a stationary bike than you would, say, running on a treadmill or exercising on a stairclimber,’ he says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.