Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A form of steel containing chromium, resistant to tarnishing and rust.
- ‘Aspirant product designers may design with pewter, stainless steel or aluminium.’
- ‘Believe me when I say stainless steel cuts through soil better than any other metal.’
- ‘Despite the move into stainless steel, Mr Croasdale says timber equipment will remain the core business.’
- ‘The school looks stunning - all gleaming stainless steel, lacquered wood and frosted glass.’
- ‘The basic composition of austenitic stainless steels is 18% chromium and 8% nickel.’
- ‘An integrated hob, oven and extractor fan, all in stainless steel, are included in the sale.’
- ‘He worked first in glass and then from 1950 in metal, usually stainless steel.’
- ‘The napery is of high quality and the cutlery is bespoke stainless steel.’
- ‘Materials and finishes include pewter, silk steel, sparkling chrome and brushed stainless steel.’
- ‘The balconies are shaped like the bow of a ship with railings of curved glass topped with stainless steel.’
- ‘Try to ensure that all materials in contact with the solvent is either glass or stainless steel.’
- ‘The Leatherman tool is made of stainless steel and comes with a nice leather pouch.’
- ‘Cristel is a French company that makes beautiful pans lined with stainless steel and filled with aluminium.’
- ‘We here use something called termi-mesh which is like a very fine grade stainless steel.’
- ‘The silver glasses disappeared after some time and we switched over to stainless steel.’
- ‘We were not even meant to use our good old copper kettles anymore, they had to be stainless steel.’
- ‘Permeability experiments were carried out with transport chambers made out of stainless steel.’
- ‘There are people who choose light materials like stainless steel and aluminium.’
- ‘There are many types of penetration reel but choose a good one of stainless steel, preferably with a simple friction knob.’
- ‘The stainless steel is polished on the slab sides and matte on the top to reduce glare.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.