One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of steel containing chromium, resistant to tarnishing and rust.
- ‘Permeability experiments were carried out with transport chambers made out of stainless steel.’
- ‘The napery is of high quality and the cutlery is bespoke stainless steel.’
- ‘We were not even meant to use our good old copper kettles anymore, they had to be stainless steel.’
- ‘There are many types of penetration reel but choose a good one of stainless steel, preferably with a simple friction knob.’
- ‘The school looks stunning - all gleaming stainless steel, lacquered wood and frosted glass.’
- ‘An integrated hob, oven and extractor fan, all in stainless steel, are included in the sale.’
- ‘Cristel is a French company that makes beautiful pans lined with stainless steel and filled with aluminium.’
- ‘The silver glasses disappeared after some time and we switched over to stainless steel.’
- ‘Despite the move into stainless steel, Mr Croasdale says timber equipment will remain the core business.’
- ‘Materials and finishes include pewter, silk steel, sparkling chrome and brushed stainless steel.’
- ‘The stainless steel is polished on the slab sides and matte on the top to reduce glare.’
- ‘Try to ensure that all materials in contact with the solvent is either glass or stainless steel.’
- ‘The balconies are shaped like the bow of a ship with railings of curved glass topped with stainless steel.’
- ‘Aspirant product designers may design with pewter, stainless steel or aluminium.’
- ‘The Leatherman tool is made of stainless steel and comes with a nice leather pouch.’
- ‘He worked first in glass and then from 1950 in metal, usually stainless steel.’
- ‘Believe me when I say stainless steel cuts through soil better than any other metal.’
- ‘There are people who choose light materials like stainless steel and aluminium.’
- ‘We here use something called termi-mesh which is like a very fine grade stainless steel.’
- ‘The basic composition of austenitic stainless steels is 18% chromium and 8% nickel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.