One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of steel containing chromium, resistant to tarnishing and rust.
- ‘Try to ensure that all materials in contact with the solvent is either glass or stainless steel.’
- ‘The silver glasses disappeared after some time and we switched over to stainless steel.’
- ‘We were not even meant to use our good old copper kettles anymore, they had to be stainless steel.’
- ‘The basic composition of austenitic stainless steels is 18% chromium and 8% nickel.’
- ‘The napery is of high quality and the cutlery is bespoke stainless steel.’
- ‘He worked first in glass and then from 1950 in metal, usually stainless steel.’
- ‘There are many types of penetration reel but choose a good one of stainless steel, preferably with a simple friction knob.’
- ‘The school looks stunning - all gleaming stainless steel, lacquered wood and frosted glass.’
- ‘Cristel is a French company that makes beautiful pans lined with stainless steel and filled with aluminium.’
- ‘The balconies are shaped like the bow of a ship with railings of curved glass topped with stainless steel.’
- ‘Despite the move into stainless steel, Mr Croasdale says timber equipment will remain the core business.’
- ‘Permeability experiments were carried out with transport chambers made out of stainless steel.’
- ‘An integrated hob, oven and extractor fan, all in stainless steel, are included in the sale.’
- ‘The Leatherman tool is made of stainless steel and comes with a nice leather pouch.’
- ‘Believe me when I say stainless steel cuts through soil better than any other metal.’
- ‘We here use something called termi-mesh which is like a very fine grade stainless steel.’
- ‘Aspirant product designers may design with pewter, stainless steel or aluminium.’
- ‘Materials and finishes include pewter, silk steel, sparkling chrome and brushed stainless steel.’
- ‘There are people who choose light materials like stainless steel and aluminium.’
- ‘The stainless steel is polished on the slab sides and matte on the top to reduce glare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.