One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as submodifier To an astonishing or shocking degree.‘a staggeringly beautiful coastline’‘they are staggeringly inept’
- ‘I hit a sheer precipice, so staggeringly dangerous that even I don't attempt it.’
- ‘The number of first-time attendees was staggeringly high.’
- ‘She thrust her hand into the staggeringly cold water.’
- ‘This is a staggeringly complex game that won't reveal too many of its secrets on a single play through.’
- ‘The actual plot of the film is staggeringly stupid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.