One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to command the attention of a theatre audience by the impressiveness of one's manner or appearance.
- ‘The competitors will be judged on vocal talent, appearance, originality of performance and stage presence.’
- ‘His stage presence, too, did not have the assurance of the other principals.’
- ‘It was my first time seeing Kevin Devine, and i was very impressed by his stage presence.’
- ‘The competition will give each contestant the chance to shine in front of the judges, who will be looking for an act with style and stage presence as well as talent.’
- ‘The crowd responded with applause suitably thunderous for a woman with such commanding stage presence.’
- ‘But his singing is matched by neither stage presence nor acting ability.’
- ‘Her vivacious stage presence fits both the era and the play perfectly.’
- ‘He also became famous for his theatrical stage presence, dressing in outrageous costumes.’
- ‘Her charismatic stage presence and her poignant lyricism captivate audiences everywhere.’
- ‘What's always marked him as a stand-up is his extraordinary stage presence.’
- ‘Her diction, delivery and interpretation of the role allied to her stage presence was a highlight of the show.’
- ‘It is almost impossible to look beyond her commanding stage presence - even in the rare moments when her character is not holding court.’
- ‘Gray will captivate audiences with her engaging stage presence and communicative facial expressions.’
- ‘As well as giving students tips on voice projection, the courses also teach the importance of positive body language and stage presence.’
- ‘Modak honed his stage presence after years of opening for comedians.’
- ‘His stage presence was virtually non-existent, he suffered badly from nerves and tended to underplay his material.’
- ‘His exceptional technique, unique talent and striking stage presence render a new sound to classical music.’
- ‘They have that all-important stage presence and the talent to back it up.’
- ‘Her energy and stage presence were simply astounding in this performance.’
- ‘His stage presence and his command of the text bode well for an acting career should he choose to pursue that direction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.