One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person responsible for the lighting and other technical arrangements for a stage play.
- ‘Pat also paid tribute to Seamus Lally, who took over the role of stage manager for this year's production.’
- ‘In her previous incarnation she was a television stage manager on popular long-running programmes such as The Bill and Shine On Harvey Moon.’
- ‘You do your time as a stage technician, and stage manager, in addition to being able to take courses from other areas in the university.’
- ‘After being in Furness Youth Theatre Joe was offered the assistant stage manager's job at Barrow's Her Majesty's Theatre, a tiny Edwardian theatre on The Strand.’
- ‘It has a professional director, musical director and stage manager and more and more sets are being specially created for the society.’
- ‘The band were good sports, even when the crowd began to fling mud at them, finishing their song before walking to the side of the stage for a stage manager to clean mud from guitar strings.’
- ‘Step one was to find a reliable stage manager to handle the difficult grind of overseeing many of the production activities to take place in the coming months.’
- ‘My stage manager organized a cabaret to raise money and it was a great success.’
- ‘Starting as an assistant stage manager for the Irish Theatre Company, Conor quickly moved into acting with the Abbey and the Gate.’
- ‘Director Ryan O'Connor and stage manager Lynn Wallis are busy going over some behind-the-scenes business.’
- ‘He went on to volunteer with the fledgling company in many capacities, including researcher, designer and stage manager.’
- ‘Wyvern stage manager David Wicks was also company manager for the pantomime and ensured that everything ran smoothly.’
- ‘A run of freak accidents has put an amateur production in jeopardy - but despite his injuries, stage manager Garry Bland is insisting the show must go on.’
- ‘However Joe was involved as stage manager and did the scenery for a production of ‘Cinderella’ by Dan McCormick.’
- ‘He was an assistant stage manager, actor and writer with the Rochdale Youth Theatre and later studied at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.’
- ‘Born in East London, he studied stage management at the Central School Of Speech And Drama, before working as stage manager at the Theatre Royal, Windsor.’
- ‘It was also the first rehearsal since Nathalie had promoted Dust to stage manager.’
- ‘He later went on to enrol in drama school at 18, then landed his first job at Chesterfield Rep, performing fortnightly and working as an assistant stage manager.’
- ‘Each performance has a stage manager and at least two stewards who will be on hand to deal with any difficulties in their area’
- ‘He has also worked as a stage manager and production manager for many performing arts companies around Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.