One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Staffordshire bull terrier.‘they had two basset hounds and a Staffie’as modifier ‘a litter of seven Staffie pups’
- ‘I actually wanted a Staffie since I figured they would be a good size for the inner city.’
- ‘I like to go for a walk through a quiet suburb, with my feisty and loyal Staffie on a leash.’
- ‘The waggliest tail belongs to an English Bull Terrier, with a Staffie as runner up.’
- ‘Life with a Staffie is more than just playing games, they are truly a companion.’
- ‘My cat will only come near myself, my son, or my Staffie.’
- ‘I have spotted an ad in our local newsagents this morning for a litter of 10 Staffie puppies for sale.’
- ‘I have a seven year old Staffie who thinks he's a cat.’
- ‘The number of Staffies in rescue centres is heartbreaking.’
- ‘The Staffie was shivering terribly.’
- ‘I took my old Staffie to the vet yesterday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.