One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An experienced nurse less senior than a sister or charge nurse.
- ‘The staff nurse reviews catheter care and maintenance instructions with the patient.’
- ‘Each intern was precepted by a full-time staff nurse as he or she rotated through all the surgical services.’
- ‘The geriatric medical team I joined comprised a consultant, registrar, house officer, and staff nurse.’
- ‘In my role as a perioperative educator, I use my 25 years of experience as a staff nurse to mold the future of perioperative nursing.’
- ‘She began her career as a public health nurse, followed by several years as a maternal-child staff nurse.’
- ‘At varying times during her career she worked as a staff nurse in pediatrics and the emergency room, as a school nurse, and in management positions.’
- ‘She had worked as a staff nurse, head nurse, and supervisor and, currently, was practicing as a part-time staff nurse.’
- ‘Her clinical experience includes management of a same day surgery unit, and she has practiced as a staff nurse in both critical care and postanesthesia care units.’
- ‘If you are a staff nurse, I encourage you to look at your practice environment and provide your team members with ideas on improving the process.’
- ‘The initial investment by the institution is a minimum of three months before the novice is able to function as a staff nurse in the perioperative setting.’
- ‘I have worked as a staff nurse on respiratory, neurological and renal units.’
- ‘I will uphold my role as a staff nurse using all my experiences as a bilingual nurse to make positive changes as Staff Nurse Director.’
- ‘Of utmost importance to the staff nurse is to know your health care employer's policy.’
- ‘As a staff nurse, I learned the effect perioperative nurses have as patient advocates.’
- ‘Angela trained as a nurse at Salisbury District Hospital and later worked there for about five years, finishing as a staff nurse in the intensive care unit.’
- ‘The staff nurse assigned to the area then followed the policies of the preoperative holding area in preparing the patients for surgery.’
- ‘My first responsibility was to think as a staff nurse, not an administrator.’
- ‘I continue to work as a staff nurse in addition to my role of educator.’
- ‘I work as a senior staff nurse in cardiothoracic intensive care at a central London teaching hospital.’
- ‘Prior to this position, she worked as a staff nurse with patients who had medical, general surgical, oncological, and cardiac health problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.