One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Accommodation for horses.
- ‘On his journey, Tom is being hosted by members of various hunts, who are also providing stabling for Bilko.’
- ‘Horses were ‘as much as possible housed outside as it improves their health, and stabling of horses is only temporary.’’
- ‘In the heart of the West End, they still have the stabling below converted into garages with attractive housing above.’
- ‘Last year, all four New Jersey tracks subsidized winter stabling at Garden State.’
- ‘The innkeeper himself greeted Adriana and directed the stabling of the mules and carriages, with grand flourishes and bellowed commands.’
- ‘Franzone said he has spoken with Delaware Park owner William Rickman Jr. about the possibility of opening his now-closed barns up for winter stabling.’
- ‘The Jockey Club have banned overnight stabling at the track.’
- ‘There is extensive stabling with eighteen loose boxes, an indoor arena and extensive farm buildings.’
- ‘In other action, the board heard from representatives of San Luis Rey Downs training center who want their stabling and shipping fees to subsidize stall rates.’
- ‘A bed for the night is only one shilling and stabling for yer horse is a mere four pence.’
- ‘Today the castle's bailey stands empty; originally it would have contained accommodation and stabling.’
- ‘The sanctuary now faces the task of stabling and feeding all the ponies, horses and donkeys over the winter.’
- ‘The 2005 Foal catalogue is the largest we have ever compiled and the numbers have undoubtedly placed some strain on the stabling.’
- ‘Recently, Pam has been working in racing and the partners discovered the need for quality stabling out of season for both National Hunt and Flat Racing horses.’
- ‘A few of the horses, raised their heads from their improvised stabling on one side of the hall.’
- ‘A lot of horses will go off their feed when they change stabling or environment.’
- ‘Horsemen have voiced opposition to the Atlantic City meeting if stabling is not provided.’
- ‘Mark Johnston, who withdrew all three of his intended runners at Leicester yesterday in protest at the lack of stabling at the course, will have no such complaints tomorrow at the Headquarters of racing.’
- ‘The hotel, completed in 1867, had twelve rooms and provided stabling for twenty horses.’
- ‘The predominant activity within the building now is the stabling of horses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.