One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He looks like a guy who mingles with the rich and famous and owns a stableful of thoroughbred racehorses, both of which he does.’
- ‘Even though a family may own a stableful of cars and employ a herd of chauffeurs, kids walk to their school every day.’
- ‘My dream of dreams has always been to own a stableful of horses.’
- ‘Once again we inherited a stableful of horses and rode out every morning before work.’
- ‘Afterwards the Barnetts moved to Los Angeles, acquired a fine house, and Crazy Jack kept a stableful of Indian ponies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.