One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounAustralian Rules Football
A fast low kick to a teammate.‘his main weapon was the stab kick for a chasing winger’
- ‘His luck started to turn when a stab kick set up brother and fullback Brett for Manly's first four-pointer.’
- ‘The Brumbies led at the break after White kicked two penalties and set up a try for the winger with a perfectly weighted stab kick.’
- ‘Mullen puts a nice little stab kick through from 30 out.’
- ‘Cronk again with a little stab kick through and Barba is there but he is under pressure and runs the ball dead.’
- ‘He recognised the precocious forward and let fly with a stab pass.’
- ‘Going as far back as 1902, the Magpies introduced the stab pass to the game and used it to great effect to beat Geelong at Corio by 40 points.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.