One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounAustralian Rules Football
A fast low kick to a teammate.‘his main weapon was the stab kick for a chasing winger’
- ‘Mullen puts a nice little stab kick through from 30 out.’
- ‘Going as far back as 1902, the Magpies introduced the stab pass to the game and used it to great effect to beat Geelong at Corio by 40 points.’
- ‘Cronk again with a little stab kick through and Barba is there but he is under pressure and runs the ball dead.’
- ‘He recognised the precocious forward and let fly with a stab pass.’
- ‘The Brumbies led at the break after White kicked two penalties and set up a try for the winger with a perfectly weighted stab kick.’
- ‘His luck started to turn when a stab kick set up brother and fullback Brett for Manly's first four-pointer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.