One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A water pistol.
- ‘If you've got a squirt gun and they've got an AK - 47, it's best to come back another day.’
- ‘Imagine a laser-powered squirt gun shooting a stream smaller than the width of a human hair.’
- ‘These days many parents do discourage their children from such a fascination and may prohibit toy guns of any kind in their homes, even a squirt gun.’
- ‘Little kids are out in the front yards with squirt guns asking if anyone wants to get cooled down and are having a blast shooting people.’
- ‘Put the bird feeder up higher, put a motion-activated sprinkler nearby, and blast the kitty with a squirt gun when you see it, and it should disappear.’
- ‘My question is my mother-in-law keeps giving my son squirt guns and guns and I've asked her to stop.’
- ‘Opening my eyes, I saw Lance in the doorway laughing with a squirt gun in his hand.’
- ‘If it's hot, the coach squirts them with a squirt gun to cool them off.’
- ‘Eventually I stopped and put the squirt gun away.’
- ‘The rose bush is flowering although it's still having a little trouble with aphids, which I used for target practise with my squirt gun yesterday.’
- ‘Because the kids will be housed in DannyMart day care, there will be no need for yo-yos, squirt guns and other toys to clutter the shelves.’
- ‘‘I remember the days of the old plastic, 6-inch squirt gun,’ he says.’
- ‘He was playing with some type of squirt gun, pretending to blow a bunch of alien guts out.’
- ‘On Holi, people throw colorful liquids at each other - from rooftops, or with squirt guns and balloons filled with colored water.’
- ‘We pulled the levers on rickety rides and stood in sloppily painted game booths handing out Ping-Pong balls, bean bags, and squirt guns.’
- ‘Do Nerf guns and squirt guns depict the act of shooting a friend as fun and harmless?’
- ‘These water blasters are vastly more potent than the toy squirt guns of the same name.’
- ‘I filled the children's miniature squirt guns with water, took a can of shaving cream, and drew targets all over the side of our cement garage.’
- ‘The spray of a squirt gun that Matt was proudly brandishing met me instead.’
- ‘There were huge grins and shrieks of delight as they ran through the sprinklers, chasing each other with squirt guns and water balloons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.