One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Whether blind as bats or merely squinters, people with less than 20/20 vision endure a lot to improve their view of the world.’
- ‘The squinters usually continue their surveillance in silence for a moment or two.’
- ‘As use of portable hand-held gadgets soars, Americans are becoming a nation of squinters who spend hours hunched over gadgets such as PDAs, cell phones, game devices and iPods, straining to read small text everywhere from dimly lighted restaurants to sunny park benches.’
- ‘I've noticed that a lot of people with crow's feet also seem to be heavy squinters, and squinting will make you wrinkle for sure.’
- ‘Furthermore, surveys of Americans between the ages of 24 and 35 tell us that squinters are boring and unattractive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.