One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These creatures are not just squeamishly gross, but also a very real health threat.’
- ‘Carl Zimmer describes in his squeamishly gripping book Parasite Rex how, eventually, the barnacle fills the entire carapace of the crab, which becomes, in effect, a zombie.’
- ‘Woolf squeamishly refrains from explaining how the physical difficulties that would arise from this situation are surmounted.’
- ‘You squeamishly go looking for a quiet spot behind a bush to do your thing.’
- ‘Look out for the man in the hotel lobby, lifting the baby squeamishly from his knee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.