One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An outdoor reclining chair of wood and canvas with leg rests.‘the squatter's chair is hard to beat for comfort and ingenuity’
- ‘When you sink into a squatter's chair on a hot day with a beer in your hand, you never want to climb out.’
- ‘Wilfred dropped too quickly into a deep squatter's chair and had to pull himself up.’
- ‘He was stretched out in a squatter's chair.’
- ‘She was sitting on a squatter's chair on the veranda.’
- ‘Frank invited me to make myself comfortable on the steps while he reclined in a squatter's chair.’
- ‘They seem not to have discovered that supreme example of veranda furniture, the squatter's chair, ubiquitous in Australia.’
- ‘He was seated in a squatter's chair, leaning forward, his eyes fixed upon her.’
- ‘Near the door was a squatter's chair.’
- ‘Luke settled into a creaking squatter's chair.’
- ‘Toby had his meal inside and then wandered out to his favourite squatter's chair near the front door.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.