One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An outdoor reclining chair of wood and canvas with leg rests.‘the squatter's chair is hard to beat for comfort and ingenuity’
- ‘Wilfred dropped too quickly into a deep squatter's chair and had to pull himself up.’
- ‘He was stretched out in a squatter's chair.’
- ‘Near the door was a squatter's chair.’
- ‘Luke settled into a creaking squatter's chair.’
- ‘Frank invited me to make myself comfortable on the steps while he reclined in a squatter's chair.’
- ‘When you sink into a squatter's chair on a hot day with a beer in your hand, you never want to climb out.’
- ‘He was seated in a squatter's chair, leaning forward, his eyes fixed upon her.’
- ‘They seem not to have discovered that supreme example of veranda furniture, the squatter's chair, ubiquitous in Australia.’
- ‘Toby had his meal inside and then wandered out to his favourite squatter's chair near the front door.’
- ‘She was sitting on a squatter's chair on the veranda.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.