One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A periodic wave that varies abruptly in amplitude between two fixed values, spending equal times at each.
- ‘The electrical signal generator generates signals that are pulses that are adjustable in frequency, modulation, pulse width and amplitude with modified square waves.’
- ‘The test profiles we selected to simulate this behavior consisted of square waves with 2-32 ppb peak magnitudes and periods ranging from 10 to 100 seconds.’
- ‘Another problem stems from the use of an inverter that supplies alternating current in square waves, rather than the rounded, sine waves produced by conventional generating equipment.’
- ‘If the magnet is in the middle of the vibrating string, the waveform should be a symmetrical square wave.’
- ‘The amplitude of the square wave electric stimulus with duration of 40-80 ms was adjusted above the threshold for the AP eliciting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.