One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a junction between layers of stratified squamous cells and columnar cells in epithelial tissue.
- ‘No more than 0.5 mL should be used, and the solution should not be applied to the cervix, vagina, or anal canal where the squamocolumnar junction is prone to dysplastic changes.’
- ‘We measured the distance from the squamocolumnar junction to the most proximal parietal cells identified.’
- ‘Schatzki's ring is a web arising from the mucosa at the squamocolumnar mucosal junction.’
- ‘The squamocolumnar junction, an area of rapid cell turnover and squamous metaplasia, is the site of this oncogenic transformation.’
- ‘The routine biopsy of a squamocolumnar junction of normal appearance should be discouraged because intestinal metaplasia not within the esophagus does not seem to have the same premalignant potential.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.