Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a junction between layers of stratified squamous cells and columnar cells in epithelial tissue.
- ‘We measured the distance from the squamocolumnar junction to the most proximal parietal cells identified.’
- ‘Schatzki's ring is a web arising from the mucosa at the squamocolumnar mucosal junction.’
- ‘No more than 0.5 mL should be used, and the solution should not be applied to the cervix, vagina, or anal canal where the squamocolumnar junction is prone to dysplastic changes.’
- ‘The squamocolumnar junction, an area of rapid cell turnover and squamous metaplasia, is the site of this oncogenic transformation.’
- ‘The routine biopsy of a squamocolumnar junction of normal appearance should be discouraged because intestinal metaplasia not within the esophagus does not seem to have the same premalignant potential.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.