One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of weather) characterized by squalls.‘squally showers’
stormy, gusty, gusting, blustery, blustering, windy, breezy, blowyView synonyms
- ‘Expect plenty of rain in the tropical Caribbean and Florida summer months, but it will often fall in heavy, squally afternoon showers which last only an hour or so.’
- ‘Forecasters predict the winds will ease later today and the heavy rains will turn into squally showers.’
- ‘There will be squally showers with the risk of hail and thunder towards the North West.’
- ‘And we've had some wind gusts and squally weather here but nothing has been damaged.’
- ‘Thunderstorms will be more frequent than in April accompanied by hail and violent squally winds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.