One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank of officer in the RAF, above flight lieutenant and below wing commander.
- ‘In 1918, Harris became a squadron leader in the newly formed RAF, and during the following two decades, he served in a number of locations around the British Empire.’
- ‘He served in the Royal Air Force medical branch from 1941 to 1946 in Africa and India and was a squadron leader at HQ Bombay.’
- ‘The 5,000 hours in the cockpit has left Paul, a former squadron leader, now based at Warton, with nerves of steel.’
- ‘Workshop attendees ranged in rank from leading aircraftman/woman to squadron leader and were drawn from units across the Air Force.’
- ‘The 41-year-old father-of-two is currently based in Cyprus on his second tour of duty as an air force squadron leader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.