One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small telescope.
- ‘Pellew took out his small spyglass and trained it southwest.’
- ‘He took the spyglass and peered through it silently, focusing on the boy.’
- ‘He lowered his spyglass, examined it, rubbed the lenses at both ends, adjusted it and peered through it again.’
- ‘After several minutes of searching, he reluctantly lowered the spyglass and turned to face his men.’
- ‘Muttering under his breath, the soldier extended the spyglass, increasing the magnification of the instrument.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.