One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for spur gear
- ‘This pinion wheel can be disengaged by raising it above the spur wheel to stop the stone rotating.’
- ‘The 9ft diameter great spur wheel was made of cast iron with the rims being cast separately before being bolted on.’
- ‘The stone nut is engaged with the spur wheel by a lever.’
- ‘The cams and spur wheel should be securely attached to the shaft, the grub screws being gently tightened as necessary.’
- ‘The nuts are 12 inches in diameter and the great spur wheel is 8'9’ in diameter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.