One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hardened sugar syrup drawn out into long filaments and used to make candyfloss or as a decoration for sweet dishes.
- ‘In the kitchen he began to work wonders with spun sugar.’
- ‘Tara popped the last piece in her mouth, savoring the sweetness as the spun sugar melted on her tongue.’
- ‘Then came the sweet: an enormous confection covered with spun sugar.’
- ‘Drizzle some sauce around the dish and garnish with spun sugar.’
- ‘It always snowed the day before the Winter Solstice, wrapping the town in thick drifts that sparkled like spun sugar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.