One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Made to continue for a long time, especially for longer than is necessary.‘spun-out news coverage’
prolonged, protracted, lengthy, overlong, extended, long-drawn-out, drawn-out, dragged-out, seemingly endless, lingering, interminableView synonyms
- ‘The papers the students gave me based on the class discussions were seldom written but rather done in garish-colored illustrations or long, spun-out snakes of handwritten doggerel.’
- ‘It takes 60 votes to bring the spun-out debate known as a filibuster to an end, and a simple majority for final passage.’
- ‘Both CDs end in lengthy spun-out remixes.’
- ‘His descriptive powers are impressive, as are his spun-out fantasies and playful wit.’
- ‘But breakfast was slow - spun-out slow - and she kept looking at her watch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.