[mass noun] A kind of ice-cream dessert with different colours and flavours in layers.
- ‘Round out the menu with toasted garlic bread, plenty of Parmesan cheese and easygoing red wine, and a simple layered ice cream terrine with spumoni flavors, and you have a homey dinner that's perfect for a crisp fall evening.’
- ‘The company's signature dessert is spumoni, a premium gelato designed to be sliced, rather than scooped, so that every serving contains each flavor, along with the appropriate amount of fruit, nuts and whipped cream.’
- ‘At an Italian restaurant one night, he orders spumoni for dessert.’
- ‘You'll find much more than just cannoli and spumoni coming out of Fabrizio Collica's pastry kitchen.’
- ‘I asked André where he wanted to go and Mildred responded that she would like to get some Italian spumoni.’
From Italian spumone, from spuma foam.