One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And the media have lapped it up with all the critical engagement of a carnival spruiker.’
- ‘Neil Jenman, an Australian real estate agent famous for his crusades on integrity in the real estate game has this to say about spruikers in the property market.’
- ‘So against our better judgement we responded to one of the spruikers ' calls.’
- ‘On one occasion, the spruiker refused point blank to tell me the name of the company he was representing.’
- ‘On Dam Square, in front of the Royal Palace, which had been turned into a fairground for the day, even the spruikers were bellowing into their megaphones in a vigorous mixture of Dutch and English.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.