One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And the media have lapped it up with all the critical engagement of a carnival spruiker.’
- ‘On one occasion, the spruiker refused point blank to tell me the name of the company he was representing.’
- ‘So against our better judgement we responded to one of the spruikers ' calls.’
- ‘On Dam Square, in front of the Royal Palace, which had been turned into a fairground for the day, even the spruikers were bellowing into their megaphones in a vigorous mixture of Dutch and English.’
- ‘Neil Jenman, an Australian real estate agent famous for his crusades on integrity in the real estate game has this to say about spruikers in the property market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.