One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fermented drink using spruce twigs and needles as flavouring.
- ‘The knowledge of how to brew spruce beer was passed from the Native Americans to the American colonists.’
- ‘Now there is only one place that makes spruce beer and serves it fresh.’
- ‘My favourite summer drink as a youngster was spruce beer, which, like root beer and ginger ale, contains no alcohol.’
- ‘New leafy shoots can be used for brewing spruce beer, although Norway spruce is not as desirable as black or red spruce.’
- ‘Two unusual styles that have become especially prominent in Alaska are smoke-flavored beers and spruce beers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.