One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fermented drink using spruce twigs and needles as flavouring.
- ‘Two unusual styles that have become especially prominent in Alaska are smoke-flavored beers and spruce beers.’
- ‘The knowledge of how to brew spruce beer was passed from the Native Americans to the American colonists.’
- ‘My favourite summer drink as a youngster was spruce beer, which, like root beer and ginger ale, contains no alcohol.’
- ‘Now there is only one place that makes spruce beer and serves it fresh.’
- ‘New leafy shoots can be used for brewing spruce beer, although Norway spruce is not as desirable as black or red spruce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.