One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An athlete who races over short distances.‘an Olympic sprinter’
- ‘She was looking for a sprinter who could become a bobsleigh pusher, giving her team a competitive edge with explosive starts.’
- ‘Now she is an athlete, a medal-winning sprinter whose earnings have helped her family build this house.’
- ‘A sprinter's season consists of perhaps 10 major races—less than 100 seconds of performance.’
- ‘To the inexperienced observer, sprinters are experts at wasting time.’
- ‘He has been ranked one of the top ten sprinters in the world for the past ten years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.