One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They fished during one of those warm, springlike days we get usually just ahead of a cold front.’
- ‘The weather during the holidays was springlike, but presently it has turned sour.’
- ‘In March, the desert erupts into a carpet of minuscule wildflowers, and the temperatures are positively springlike.’
- ‘The capital of Asmara, with a population of 400,000, has some broad, palm-lined boulevards and sunny, springlike weather year-round.’
- ‘It was a bright, almost springlike Saturday afternoon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.