One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also, I enjoy the very act of painting: I enjoy the sensuality of applying paint and the springiness of a taut canvas.’
- ‘She pushed her fingers through her hair, felt the soft springiness where it grew from her scalp.’
- ‘The angler has the technology of a carbon-fibre rod whose springiness absorbs some of the shocks of the plunging fish.’
- ‘Characteristics such as mouthfeel, springiness, chewiness, compaction of the meat after chewing, and ease of swallowing all play a part in sensory texture profiles.’
- ‘Several minutes' kneading are required to ‘develop’ or draw out the strands of gluten; but excessive kneading must be avoided because it would overstretch and break the strands, so that the dough would lose its springiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.