One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An onion taken from the ground before the bulb has formed, typically eaten raw in salad.
- ‘From a nutritional perspective, the duck, cucumber, spring onion and pancakes make a reasonably well-balanced meal.’
- ‘Top and tail the green beans, peel the baby onions or cut the spring onion into 2.5cm pieces.’
- ‘Chop the spring onion, removing the darkest green leaves as you go.’
- ‘Heat the wok, add a teaspoon of oil, add the chicken, shiitake mushroom, chives and spring onion, and lightly stir-fry for a minute.’
- ‘This dish is simplicity itself, served cold with just some spring onion, wasabi and ginger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.