One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mattress containing springs in a frame.
- ‘I turned around and noticed Todd jumping on the spring mattress of the queen-sized bed.’
- ‘I swapped the original, chunky spring mattress on my original bed for the flimsy foam one on the new bed.’
- ‘Over time, with coil and spring mattresses a body impression in the coils will appear if you do not flip your mattress regularly, leading to shorter mattress life.’
- ‘The coil and spring mattresses are not very pliable and don't really work well with an adjustable base and often need replacing every five years.’
- ‘There was tons of furniture, some of it seeming out of place, such as old fashioned kitchen counters and a few spring mattresses lying in a corner of the room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.