One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mattress containing springs in a frame.
- ‘I turned around and noticed Todd jumping on the spring mattress of the queen-sized bed.’
- ‘There was tons of furniture, some of it seeming out of place, such as old fashioned kitchen counters and a few spring mattresses lying in a corner of the room.’
- ‘Over time, with coil and spring mattresses a body impression in the coils will appear if you do not flip your mattress regularly, leading to shorter mattress life.’
- ‘The coil and spring mattresses are not very pliable and don't really work well with an adjustable base and often need replacing every five years.’
- ‘I swapped the original, chunky spring mattress on my original bed for the flimsy foam one on the new bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.