Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mattress containing springs in a frame.
- ‘Over time, with coil and spring mattresses a body impression in the coils will appear if you do not flip your mattress regularly, leading to shorter mattress life.’
- ‘I turned around and noticed Todd jumping on the spring mattress of the queen-sized bed.’
- ‘I swapped the original, chunky spring mattress on my original bed for the flimsy foam one on the new bed.’
- ‘The coil and spring mattresses are not very pliable and don't really work well with an adjustable base and often need replacing every five years.’
- ‘There was tons of furniture, some of it seeming out of place, such as old fashioned kitchen counters and a few spring mattresses lying in a corner of the room.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.