The leaves of young cabbage plants of a variety that does not develop a heart.
- ‘In contrast, green leafy vegetables such as kale and spring greens provide plenty of well absorbed calcium while at the same time reducing calcium losses.’
- ‘Serve with tagliatelle and, if you like, other vegetables such as spring greens or spinach.’
- ‘You could use cavolo nero, Swiss chard, kale, sprout tops, spring greens or Savoy cabbage, listed in my order of preference.’
- ‘Leafy dark green vegetables, such as Savoy cabbage, kale, and spring greens, are good sources of two carotenoids which have been shown to help prevent age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.’
- ‘Shred the spring greens, discarding any hard stalk or core, and cook in simmering salted water for 5 minutes until tender but still bright green.’