One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A balance that measures weight by the tension of a spring.
- ‘Chicks were weighed to the nearest gram using Pesola spring balances.’
- ‘Body mass was measured using a spring balance, and tarsus length by a caliper.’
- ‘The chicks were weighed with a Salter spring balance.’
- ‘Eggs were weighed to the nearest 0.05 g using a Pesola spring balance.’
- ‘The mass of newly laid eggs, and chick and female body-mass was measured using Pesola spring balances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.