One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for Sprechgesang
- ‘Carefully wrought dissonances, angular folk tunes, sudden shifts in dynamics, dense layers of spectral drones, slabs of noise, topped off with Dagmar's strange, elastic Sprechstimme; these are the tools of the Bears' trade.’
- ‘He is use of Sprechstimme was strongly influenced by the cabaret style.’
- ‘He sings mostly in bellows and muffled Sprechstimme.’
- ‘The vocal writing ranges between straightforward singing, Sprechstimme, and speech, depending on the dramatic role that the music must play.’
- 1.1 The kind of voice used in Sprechgesang.
German, literally ‘speech voice’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.