One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fruit butters are made from fruit pulp cooked with sugar until thickened to a spreadable consistency.’
- ‘Transfer frosting to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally, until spreadable.’
- ‘It was flavoursome without being heavy and spreadable without being too soft, said my dining partner.’
- ‘This spreadable cheese is cured in crocks and used like butter.’
- ‘In natural peanut butter, some of the peanut oil rises to the top of the jar, and stirring it back in does more than make the peanut butter creamy and spreadable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.