One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Share the information or news.‘he spread the word about the charity's work’
- ‘He has got some big names to help spread the word.’
- ‘It is very nice to know that he is doing good for the Sikh community by spreading the word of god.’
- ‘I joined so I could spread the word on tons of books that I know would have larger audiences, if only readers knew about them.’
- ‘We're proud to spread the word about how museum membership strengthens the vibrant cultural fabric of the Twin Cities.’
- ‘The healthy pet educational program is spreading the word to pet owners that scraps do much more harm than they might realise.’
- ‘Our aim is to spread the word that exercising is the easiest and cheapest way to get fit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.