One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be involved in so many different activities that one's time and energy are not used to good effect.
- ‘Sadly, even Jones realised you can spread yourself too thin, often leading to poor choices.’
- ‘If morale and motivation are poor, consider the possibility that you are simply spreading yourself too thin.’
- ‘But I'm reading scripts all the time, because it is something that I would like to do, but I'm aware of spreading myself too thin.’
- ‘My colleagues sense this struggle, and often caution me about spreading myself too thin.’
- ‘There is a sense of having spread ourselves too thin.’
- ‘As awesome as it is to be the girl who does it all, spreading yourself too thin will only leave you overstressed and underproductive.’
- ‘We were able to meet the needs of a customer without bringing on more employees, spreading ourselves too thin or charging too much.’
- ‘Do you worry about spreading yourself too thin?’
- ‘Both have formed partnerships with larger companies in order to take on big projects without spreading themselves too thin.’
- ‘But it can't do that effectively if it spread itself too thin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.