One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of betting in which the bettor wins or loses money according to the margin by which the value of a particular outcome varies from the spread of expected values quoted by the bookmaker.
- ‘The future for sport spread betting is international or online, while we haven't even scratched the surface with financial spread betting.’
- ‘Delta Index is running free educational seminars for beginners or those who would like to understand how spread betting works.’
- ‘Although they are less risky than futures or spread betting where, potentially, your losses can be unlimited, they are certainly not suitable for beginners.’
- ‘The products that caused the most complaints were precipice bonds, spread betting, share tipping and those offering the facility to unlock a pension.’
- ‘One of the attractions of spread betting is the ability to ‘go short’ - betting on a share going down.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.