One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flexible cover which is fitted to the opening in the top of a kayak to form a waterproof seal around the canoeist's body.
- ‘The spraydeck is attached to the cockpit rim by either a rubber rand or with elasticated shock cord.’
- ‘Our spraydecks are made of durable, high quality material.’
- ‘Our range of spraydecks are designed to suit a variety of recreational and racing craft with uses from touring on calm waters, to white water paddling and all areas in between.’
- ‘In this case the type of spraydeck may make little difference.’
- ‘The club has been able to buy a set of boats, paddles, buoyancy aids, spraydecks and helmets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.