Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A beauty treatment in which the body is sprayed with a product containing chemicals that react with the skin to produce an artificial suntan.‘I get a spray tan about once a week at a local salon’
- ‘It seems she took her mind off things by getting a spray tan.’
- ‘Before the final he had his first ever spray tan to accentuate his rippling physique.’
- ‘It's practically ritual at some mags for the girls to duck off on a Thursday afternoon for a spray tan in their lunch breaks.’
- ‘Spray tans are popular on big occasions.’
- ‘She shocked the nation when she announced that she has a spray tan every two days and has never blow-dried her own hair.’
- ‘After getting a spray tan, the native New Yorker went into the studio to work on her upcoming solo album.’
- ‘With no sun in sight she popped in to a beauty salon for a spray tan and got her colour topped up in record time.’
- ‘Their facials and skin treatment, as well as the sunbed and spray tans are in huge demand.’
- ‘He has revealed that show bosses forced him to have a spray tan because he looked too pale.’
- ‘Matina did the spray tan for my wedding and even the makeup artist thought I was naturally olive skinned.’
- ‘Today Breanna went to a tanning place in her hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas to get a spray tan.’
- ‘Looking younger by any means necessary is on everyone's agenda, from Knightsbridge ladies who lunch to Essex college girls skiving off classes to get a spray tan.’
- 1.1An artificial suntan.‘her sequins and spray tan have been replaced by a hooded jumper and leggings’
- ‘The spray tan, the blow-dry, lashes - they're iconic when it comes to beauty.’
- ‘Spend $50 and you'll walk out of the elegant, minimalist shop and spa with a perfect spray tan that lasts a week or longer.’
- ‘His spray tan was unconvincing.’
- ‘A normally pale white guy with blonde hair looks ridiculous with a dark brown spray tan.’
- ‘Was it a spray tan, a fake tan, or had he, as he insisted, just been sitting in his back garden?’
- ‘Lauren was joined on her day in the sun by co-star Jessica Wright, who showed off her deep spray tan in a luminous pink bikini.’
- ‘Apparently you're not supposed to use bar soap in the shower afterwards (shower gel instead) because it shortens the life of a spray tan.’
- ‘He has a rich mahogany spray tan.’
- ‘Maybe its because of my lack of spray tan, gel and South Beach apparel - but no one talked to me.’
- ‘I am pretty fair skinned and the last thing I wanted was an obvious spray tan streaking down my body.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.