One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perhaps The Woodsman was ultimately too low-budget and spottily distributed to compete with the big studio releases.’
- ‘The country has a well-defined highway system that can take you right around much of the island (the windy, sparsely populated north-east coast is spottily covered).’
- ‘National laws already prohibit sonograms for gender detection, which becomes possible after the 14th week, but the law has been spottily enforced.’
- ‘Since it dries somewhat spottily, this makes the underlying colours less uniform and more natural looking.’
- ‘The rule was implemented in Catholic Europe relatively quickly, but very spottily, with different countries adopting the change at different times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.