A common Eurasian orchid with spotted leaves and flowers varying from purple to white, with darker markings on the lip.
- ‘Wild thyme, birdsfoot sedge and a host of other herbs grow among the grasses, alongside common spotted orchid, rock rose and fragrant orchids.’
- ‘The beacon site has been colonised by common spotted orchids and the flowers will be in full bloom when the event takes place in July.’
- ‘The striking white and pale blue common spotted orchids were a flowering treasure in the wilderness of the old line between Hull and Hornsea.’
- ‘Over 103 species of grasses and herbs have been recorded in the meadows including green-winged orchid, common spotted orchid, adder's tongue, pepper-saxifrage, yellow rattle and saw-wort.’
- ‘Fresh from England any orchid at all is a rarity, but after an hour we are already blasé and we no longer stop for ‘just another spotted orchid’.’