One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common migratory Old World flycatcher with grey-brown plumage.
- ‘These include such species as black grouse and curlew, which are associated with upland areas, as well as the song thrush, spotted flycatcher and linnet.’
- ‘I spotted the spotted flycatchers flitting out to grab their airborne prey.’
- ‘A couple days ago I saw a spotted flycatcher hawking for bugs in one of the tamarisk trees behind our building.’
- ‘I saw a flock of common babblers, a migrant spotted flycatcher and my final new bird of the day an isabelline wheatear.’
- ‘The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.