A common migratory Old World flycatcher with grey-brown plumage.
- ‘The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.’
- ‘I spotted the spotted flycatchers flitting out to grab their airborne prey.’
- ‘These include such species as black grouse and curlew, which are associated with upland areas, as well as the song thrush, spotted flycatcher and linnet.’
- ‘I saw a flock of common babblers, a migrant spotted flycatcher and my final new bird of the day an isabelline wheatear.’
- ‘A couple days ago I saw a spotted flycatcher hawking for bugs in one of the tamarisk trees behind our building.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.