One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for spotlight
- ‘He worships at an obelisk lit by a single spotlamp, dressed in roughly fashioned cowhide.’
- ‘It has sent out hunters with spotlamps to round up the hedgehogs, which are killed by injection.’
- ‘Illumination will be provided by sets of spotlamps providing a cool blue light for a restful atmosphere.’
- ‘Within this framework, a maximum power rating or size is not specified for vehicle headlamps or spotlamps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.