Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for spotlight
- ‘It has sent out hunters with spotlamps to round up the hedgehogs, which are killed by injection.’
- ‘Within this framework, a maximum power rating or size is not specified for vehicle headlamps or spotlamps.’
- ‘Illumination will be provided by sets of spotlamps providing a cool blue light for a restful atmosphere.’
- ‘He worships at an obelisk lit by a single spotlamp, dressed in roughly fashioned cowhide.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.