Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for spotlight
- ‘He worships at an obelisk lit by a single spotlamp, dressed in roughly fashioned cowhide.’
- ‘Illumination will be provided by sets of spotlamps providing a cool blue light for a restful atmosphere.’
- ‘It has sent out hunters with spotlamps to round up the hedgehogs, which are killed by injection.’
- ‘Within this framework, a maximum power rating or size is not specified for vehicle headlamps or spotlamps.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.