Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for penalty kick
- ‘Connell then proved himself a worthy choice by diving to his right and turning away the spot kick.’
- ‘Incidentally St Marks also missed another spot kick near the full time whistle.’
- ‘The equaliser came from a spot kick by Brett Lane with only eight minutes left on the clock.’
- ‘Maybe it's time for a change of taker because missing spot kicks is a big confidence sapper.’
- ‘Reilly stepped up and his well taken spot kick rattled the net.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.