One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for penalty kick
- ‘Reilly stepped up and his well taken spot kick rattled the net.’
- ‘The equaliser came from a spot kick by Brett Lane with only eight minutes left on the clock.’
- ‘Incidentally St Marks also missed another spot kick near the full time whistle.’
- ‘Maybe it's time for a change of taker because missing spot kicks is a big confidence sapper.’
- ‘Connell then proved himself a worthy choice by diving to his right and turning away the spot kick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.