One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Television advertising occupying a short break during or between programmes.
- ‘And if you look at the successes of Miramax and Lions Gate, you'll see long-legged promotion and publicity efforts that culminate in aggressive spot advertising.’
- ‘But that won't happen if cash-starved PBS and NPR outlets are required, as some propose, to rely on the same sort of thirty-second spot advertising that dominates commercial broadcasting.’
- ‘Among these, perhaps the most original of these is Superga which has recently begun using high-impact spot advertising as well.’
- ‘The pressures exerted by spot advertising are less direct but no less damaging to diversity.’
- ‘While the commercial break on TV is frequently more entertaining than the programming, so-called spot advertising on radio is at worst an embarrassment and at best subliminal and inoffensive.’
- ‘Without this customized system we would not tie our market together for national and regional spot advertising.’
- ‘Since RTÉ had a TV monopoly, it could effectively charge what it liked for spot advertising.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.