One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are flash welding, high-frequency resistance welding, percussion welding, projection welding, resistance seam welding, resistance spot welding, and upset welding.’
- ‘Structural adhesives and rivets are gaining respect as suitable alternatives or supplements to conventional spot welding and screw fastening.’
- ‘The welding load should be appreciably higher than for spot welding, because of the longer arc of contact between wheel and sheet.’
- ‘The combination is very strong and durable; add to that the fact that in contrast to spot welding, it provides the structural equivalent of seam welding.’
- ‘He was last seen doing freelance spot welding in Detroit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.