Produce or form a spore or spores.‘many fungi grow and sporulate satisfactorily on potato-extract agar’
- ‘Although sporulation is a clear indication of diploidy, the absence of sporulation is uninformative since some diploids sporulate at very low frequencies.’
- ‘The alternative procedure, spore segregation, is impractical for hyperyellow mycelia that sporulate very poorly or not at all.’
- ‘When the flowers form, the fungus again sporulates and starts the cycle again.’
- ‘Only 6% of zygotic cells complete meiosis and sporulate.’
- ‘Transformants were induced to sporulate and the resulting tetrads were dissected to generate homozygous deletions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.