Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Produce or form a spore or spores.‘many fungi grow and sporulate satisfactorily on potato-extract agar’
- ‘Only 6% of zygotic cells complete meiosis and sporulate.’
- ‘The alternative procedure, spore segregation, is impractical for hyperyellow mycelia that sporulate very poorly or not at all.’
- ‘Although sporulation is a clear indication of diploidy, the absence of sporulation is uninformative since some diploids sporulate at very low frequencies.’
- ‘Transformants were induced to sporulate and the resulting tetrads were dissected to generate homozygous deletions.’
- ‘When the flowers form, the fungus again sporulates and starts the cycle again.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.