One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Produce or form a spore or spores.‘many fungi grow and sporulate satisfactorily on potato-extract agar’
- ‘When the flowers form, the fungus again sporulates and starts the cycle again.’
- ‘Transformants were induced to sporulate and the resulting tetrads were dissected to generate homozygous deletions.’
- ‘Only 6% of zygotic cells complete meiosis and sporulate.’
- ‘The alternative procedure, spore segregation, is impractical for hyperyellow mycelia that sporulate very poorly or not at all.’
- ‘Although sporulation is a clear indication of diploidy, the absence of sporulation is uninformative since some diploids sporulate at very low frequencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.