One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fair and generous behaviour or treatment of others, especially in a sporting contest.‘he displayed great sportsmanship in defeat’‘the spirit of sportsmanship was not lost between the two teams’
- ‘It's an outrageous act of poor sportsmanship, which of course, makes for great comedy.’
- ‘The enjoyment was visible, and the sportsmanship self-evident.’
- ‘They have shown much improvement throughout the term and an excellent level of sportsmanship as well.’
- ‘The problem isn't with individuals who need to be taught sportsmanship.’
- ‘Each team captain voted on the recipient of the fair play award, which went to the team showing the most sportsmanship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.